The Icom IC-705 now comes with the larger capacity BP307 battery as standard.
The new Icom IC-705 really resets the baseline for portable QRP rigs.
This SDR Transceiver covers all Ham Bands from top band to 70cms (sadly not now 4m) and gives a useful 10W output.
Packed with touchscreen display, D Star, twin PBT and front facing speaker it will find its way into shacks, mobile and portable usage. An optional battery pack is available as is an official carry bag for the IC-705.
The touchscreen display is dimensionally the same as the IC7300/IC9700 but has software tailored to the 705.
- HF/50/144/430 MHz Multimode Operation
- RF Direct Sampling System
- Real-Time Spectrum Scope and Waterfall Display
- Large Touch Screen Colour Display
- Compact and Lightweight Design
- Icom BP-307 Li-Ion Battery Pack for IC-705 or 13.8 V DC External Power Supply
- Maximum Output Power 5 W (BP-272), 10 W (13.8 V DC)
- Supports Connections Using WLAN/Bluetooth® Technologies
- GPS Functions
- microSD Card Slot
- Micro USB Connector
- D-STAR Functions
- Programmable Speaker/Microphone
- Optional LC-192 Backpack, Ideal for Portable Operation
Sadly, after first announcing that the rig would cover 70MHz production units of the IC705 does not come with any 4m capability. ICOM cited ‘production difficulties’ as the reason for this. It is unclear if this will be rectified by firmware in future or if this is a permanent feature.