PLEASE SEE WEBSITE TOP BANNER REGARDING CURRENT DELIVERY TIME
The Gemini 2-1.2K is a solid state 1200W+ CW output Linear Amplifier for the 144-148 MHz amateur band
Now fitted with the ART1K6FH LDMOS to give 1400W max output.
Being a Linear Amplifier it is suitable for all modes of operation – SSB, CW, RTTY, PSK, FT8, JT65 , MSK etc.
The Gemini 2-1.2K 144MHz Linear Amplifier has been designed from the start with high duty cycle usage in mind. The core of the amplifier is dominated by a 7.5Kg aluminium heatsink cooled by three temperature controlled fans. In testing we have left it sat on the bench at 1kW output continuously for 30 minutes plus without reaching thermal cut-out temperatures so it is ideal for dedicated EME / MS / FSK / JT mode users and contesters.
The Integral Power Supply units will accept 100-260V Mains Input so the unit can be used worldwide without any modifications (just a quick fuse change on the back panel).
- Max output 1400W 144-148Mhz
- P1dB >1100W output
- Spurious outputs <60dB wrt 1000W
- Input R/L >15dB
- Drive levels 2.5-25W specified at purchase
- Built in sequencer and Bias T feed for masthead preamplifiers
- Protection for Overdrive/SWR/Over Temperature
- RX Insertion Loss <0.25dB
- Overall efficiency at 1kW output >70%.
- RF output meter
- RF Device 1 x ART1K6FH LDMOS **
- Power requirements 100-260V 50-60Hz
- Dimensions 315mm wide x 180mm high x 360mm deep
- Weight 14,5Kg
- Made in the UK.
The Gemini 2-1.2K is really quiet in operation. Changeover relays are quiet. Fans only run when they need to and are controlled by our own PIC fan controller giving step-less speed control proportional to temperature.
Here is a comparison of the gain curves for the ART1K6FH LDMOS vs the BLF188XR that it has replaced in this amplifier: ART1K6FH vs BLF188XR
This amplifier can optionally be supplied with a Black Anodised front panel – see gallery image. This can be selected as you add to basket.