The PowAbeam 144Mhz 13 is an ultra low temperature design with a lovely clean patter on an 8m boom length
It is the equal of many much larger yagis including the Cushcraft 17B2, I0JXX 16JXX2 and M2 2M5WL, yet it has only 13 elements. The design is focused on 144 – 144.5MHz and has optimal spacing between elements particularly the driver cell. The forward gain figure of merit is +.1dB which demonstrates its superior performance given the 8.0M boom length. If you are a contest group or a serious EME operator then this beam could be just what you are looking for.
Tuned for the DX-er with rock solid RF stability whatever the weather.
Superb performance in a 8.0 meter boom length
- 50Ω DIRECT FEED
- Designed for DXers
- Stable wet weather performance
- Designs optimized and resonated for DXers at 144.250MHz
- Frequency range 144 – 144.5MHz with a VSWR of 1.5:1 or less at 145MHz
- F/R power ratio (90-180 degrees) greater than 18dB (H-Plane)
Additional boom support is provided by a support pylon mounted on the mast clamp with Kevlar composite rope. A double support pylon (above and below) can be specified for a small extra charge – please call for pricing.
The aerial is supplied requiring assembly only – no drilling required.
- Pre-drilled round boom section(s) with machined joining sleeves (if required)
- Paraclip element clips pre-attached to the boom – the elements just need sliding into place
- Assembled PowAbeam coaxial dipole with 1m Ecoflex10 coaxial cable terminated in an in-line N Type socket. Longer coaxial lengths can be supplied if required to give you an unbroken run to your LNA etc. Please call for pricing.
Assembly will take about 45 minutes and requires joining of the boom sections, insertion of the parasitic elements into the clips (each are clearly marked), mounting of the coaxial dipole and installation of the support pylon. You will need 13mm, 10mm and 8mm spanners or sockets and a 4mm allen key to build the antenna up.