The Array Solutions RA-S1 Digital Rotator Controller is a near universal controller for all major makes of rotator.
Compatible with Yaesu, Prosistel, HyGain, SPID, M2 rotators.
- Voltage output regulated with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation)
- Soft-start and Soft-stop With the PWM speed control, the controller softly ramps up and ramps down the rotator’s speed on every operation mode.
- On-hand speed controls The potentiometer’s SPEED to make it easy to adjust the rotation speed.
- Point and Shoot Choose an azimuth with the POS potentiometer, press GO and let the controller softly guide the rotator to the chosen bearing.
- Offset definition Quickly corrects the azimuth your antenna is pointing at, without the need of a new calibration.
- Software defined limits With them your stacked antennas won’t hit the tower. It is very intuitive to configure.
- Serial RS-232 communications with DB-9 or USB The RA-S1 controller uses the Yaesu protocol GS232A, making it easy to use with every existing program.
- Firmware Upgradeable It is possible to upgrade the firmware of the controller easily with the USB port. Your controller will never be out of date.
- Full compatibility with most rotators The RA-S1 was developed to work with most of the available rotators in the market, being able to control AC rotators (24 or 36 V AC) and DC (12, 24 or 36 V DC)*, that have positioning feedback by pulses or internal potentiometer. The rotators commonly used (Yaesu G-800, G-1000, G-2800, HyGain HAM-IV, T-2, Pro.Sis.Tel PST-71D, PST-61D, PST-2051, PST-641, M2 Orion 2800, SPID AZ) can be used with these systems.
- Unit dimensions are 8″ x 8″ x 4″ H
If you are a SPID rotator owner then the RA-S1 is a good solution. The standard Rot1Prog SPID controller is limited to 16V maximum. Now, with the RA-S1 can be configured to supply 24V to your RAU/RAK/BIG-RAK rotator so allow the full speed and full torque capability of the rotator to be used.